Upstairs at Duroc – Submissions window now open
Upstairs at Duroc, Paris’ oldest English-language review, is now accepting submissions for the next edition of the magazine.
Upstairs at Duroc is interested in English language poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction and translations. We welcome innovative or cross-genre forms, prose poems and flash fiction. Standalone excerpts from longer works will also be considered. Submit no more than 5 poems, or two prose pieces not exceeding 2000 words each. Include cover sheet with name, address, phone number, email address, word count for prose, and a short Bio. Work is read anonymously by our Editorial Board.
- Submission dates: We accept submissions from October 1 to January 31.
- Please submit only previously unpublished material!
- Poetry submission: Submit up to five poems. Attach them in a single Word document, one poem per page.
- Prose submissions: For short stories, send one or two pieces of no more than 2000 words each. Send up to five flash fiction pieces, attaching them in a single Word document, one piece per page.
- Visual Art submissions: We seek drawings, etchings and photographs with good contrast. Mostly black/white, plus one color piece per issue (for the cover). Send artwork in jpeg format.
- Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any queries regarding submissions, please write to The Editors at email@example.com
Snail mail submissions should be sent to:
c/o Upstairs at Duroc
10 rue Tiphaine